Weekly Bulletin - It's a Great Day to be a Dragon!
Office Hours for June 8:00-3:00
SVHS Office Closed 7/1/19-7-31/19
Office reopens August 1st!
Important Dates to remember:
Back to School Registration
Freshman: August 12 (4-5:30 pm)
Seniors: August 12 (5:30-7pm)
Sophomores: August 13 (4-5:30 pm)
Juniors: August 13 (5:30-7pm)
First Day of School is August 19th (No Zero Period)
Summer School Office - Terri Hernandez (Location in L5) 933-4002
Transcripts/Registration - Amber McCann-Howlett email@example.com 933-4009
General Questions -Danielle Contreras firstname.lastname@example.org 933-4030
General Questions -Krystal Cousins email@example.com 933-4007
Student Activities Office - Johanna Fichtenberg firstname.lastname@example.org 933-4016
Summer School Classes
Summer school this year will begin on Friday, June 14 and end on Friday, July 12. We will take July 4th off. Summer school will be held at Sonoma Valley High from 8:00 am to 2:30 pm. Students must attend every day. On the third absence, the student will be dropped from the class so please plan vacations accordingly. No exceptions.
Athletics information for upcoming 2019-20 season:
- Football (all levels) Practice starts August 4, 2019
- Fall Sports (Cross Country, Girls Golf, Girls Tennis, Volleyball & Water Polo): Practice & Tryouts begin August 12, 2019
- Winter Sports (Boys & Girls Basketball, Boys & Girls Soccer, Wrestling): Practice & tryouts begin November. 4, 2019
- Spring Sports (Baseball, Boys Golf, Boys Tennis, Softball, Swim, Track) Practice & tryouts begin February 10, 2020
*** Athletic Clearance must be completed & approved before a student may participate in any sport, this includes a physical exam.
SVHS Athletics has switched to an online system to sign up for sports. Follow the steps below to get started:
- Go to AthleticClearance.com to start the sign up process.
- Download your Doctor Clearance or Physical to your account
- Turn in the signed Confirmation page to the Student Activities or Athletic Director office
- You will receive an email when your clearance is complete.
- incoming 9th graders, 6/10-14, 2:00-4:00 pm
- 10th-12th graders, 6/10-14, 12:00-2:00 pm
- 3rd thru 8th graders, 6/24-28, 9:00-11:30 am
- 9th-12th graders, 6/10-13, 9:00-11:30 am
- 6th-8th graders, 6/17-20, 9:00-12:00 pm
- Freshman camp, 6/24-28, 5:00-6:30 pm
Attention Students: Be sure to check your student email throughout the summer for notifications regarding lost or damaged items. Items not returned or paid for by June 28 are subject to a late fee and all items must be either returned or paid for before Back-to-School Registration.
The Cafeteria is looking for students to work either in the Cafeteria or the No Name Cafe. If Interested please go see Colleen Daly in kitchen to inquire with your interest!
COLLEGE and CAREER **Please stop by the CCC for more information**
Revolution Prep has a $200 gift card for SAT/ACT test prep over the summer!
Please visit: www.revolutionprep.com/partners/383 for details or call Cassie Brown at 415-996-7614.
Juniors - sign up for the College Application Camp in August. It's a great way to get a jumpstart on your college applications before school starts. Sign-up in the CCC!
Juniors interested in getting their 4-year college applications finished BEFORE school starts should sign-up for College Application Camp held Monday, August 12th thru Thursday, August 15th from 9-12 in the CCC. Financial aid is available and sign-ups are in the CCC.
Still looking for a summer job? Check out the SVHS College & Career page of the SVHS Website! Lots of employers are still looking!
All students under 18 must have a work permit for each new employer! Applications are available in the CCC and we will be open over the summer for work permits the following hours:
- June 10th-30th: CCC open 8:00-9:00 am & 2:00-4:00 pm
- July 1st-12th: Turn in permit applications at summer school office (Creekside) 8:00 am-3:00 pm
- July 15th-30th: Closed (no work permits available)
- July 31st-Aug 16th: CCC open 8:00am-4:00pm
SVHS PARENTS SECTION
Have you joined SVHS Boosters? Membership
Join the Grad Night crew! Help us keep this great event going! For any questions you can contact either Stacey Schoeningh email@example.com 227-6285 or Renea Magnani firstname.lastname@example.org 337-9770.
Once a Dragon…Always a Dragon!