September 9, 2021 - SVUSD Sports Guidance LetterAugust 19, 2021 - updated guidance from CDPH & NCS regarding athletics.
Please see the link below for updated CDPH Guidance regarding large events effective September 20, 2021. The bullet points below are the major changes from the original release in June. The proof of vaccination and/or negative test requirement is for attendees and not participants. Large indoor events were previously considered to be 5,000 or greater (now 1,000 or more).
Applied vaccine verification or negative testing requirement to Indoor Mega Events involving 1,000 or more participants.
Removed self-attestation as a mode for both vaccine verification and for verification of negative COVID-19 test for indoor events scheduled after September 20, 2021.
Extended date for requirements and recommendations to remain in place to November 1, 2021.
Restrictions Applying to Indoor & Outdoor Settings
Mega Event - (Indoors) crowds greater than 1,000 attendees & (Outdoors) crowds greater than 10,000 attendees
Vaccine Verification / Negative Testing - Required for Indoor Mega Events & Recommended for Outdoor Mega Events
Self-attestation may not be used to verify status as fully vaccinated or as proof of negative test result for indoor settings. For outdoor settings, it is recommended not to use self-attestation to verify status as fully vaccinated or as proof of negative test result
Capacity Limitations - No restrictions
Physical Distancing - No restrictions for attendees, customers, and guests
Masking - Follow current CDPH Guidance for Face Coverings
Travelers - Recommend following CDC recommendations.
Fall Sports: Starts August 9, 2021
- Cheer, Cross Country, Football, Golf-Girls, Tennis-Girls, Volleyball, Boys & Girls Water Polo
Winter Sports: Starts November 1, 2021
- Basketball-Boys, Basketball-Girls, Soccer-Boys, Soccer-Girls, Wrestling
Spring Sports: Starts February 7,2022
- Baseball, Golf-Boys, Softball, Swimming, Tennis-boys, Track & Field, Boys & Girls Lacrosse
The Governing Board is committed to providing equal opportunity to all individuals in district programs and activities. District programs, activities, and practices shall be free from unlawful discrimination, including discrimination from an individual or group based on race, color, ancestry, nationality, national origin, immigration status, ethnic group identification, ethnicity, age, religion, marital status,pregnancy, parental status, physical or mental diability, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information; intimidation, harassment and bullying; a perception of one or more of such characterisics; or association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.
- All students must receive athletic clearance before participating in practice or tryouts.
- Go to AthleticClearance.com to start the sign-up process
- Upload your Doctor Clearance or Physical to your account
- Students required to maintain a 2.00 minimum GPA
- Mandatory baseline concussion test for all contact sports (arranged by the coach)
If you have any further questions, please contact the SVHS Athletic office at svhsathletics@sonomaschools.
Athletic teams that require tryouts at SVHS:
- Volleyball all levels, Girl’s and Boys’ Basketball all levels, Girl’s and Boys’ Soccer all levels, Baseball all levels, Softball all levels, Boys & Girls Tennis