SVHS El Padre Yearbook
Among the many, many things that have been disrupted by the coronavirus, senior portraits will also be different for the 2020-2021 school year.
Our photographer, Prestige Portraits, has completely reviewed and revised their procedures to make sure that they are consistent with current health regulations. We want you to have a great portrait, and thanks to their work, we can do that while keeping everyone safe and healthy.
In late summer (late July at the earliest, and more likely August), you will receive an email with more information and a link to choose an appointment time for your senior's portrait session. Just like last year, senior portraits will be taken on campus for a very low sitting fee. Since the portraits will be taken during the school year, they will be after school, from 3-8 pm.
HOW TO MAKE SURE YOUR SENIOR GETS IN THE 2021 YEARBOOK:
- Update your email address with the school to make sure the one we have on file is the one you check most often.
- Make sure the school's emails go to your inbox NOT your junk or spam folder.
- When you get the email, make an appointment IMMEDIATELY.
That last point is really important. Our recommendation is: Don't close the email until you've made the appointment. With uncertainty around what school will look like in the fall due to the coronavirus, the near-certainty that wildfires somewhere in the state may lead to school closures, and other circumstances beyond our control, we can't guarantee that there will be make-up sessions or that, if those sessions are canceled (as they were last year), we'l be able to reschedule them. This saddens us as much as it saddens you, but it is the reality we are dealing with.
Yearbook Distribution Day was BUSY, but we successfully distribued hundreds of yearbooks to our students.
If you weren't able to make it to Distribution Day, please note that you will get your yearbook. Due to ongoing COVID-19 health and safety concerns, we can not do another full distribution, and we are only able to offer another distribution time for seniors.
FRESHMEN, SOPHOMORES, AND JUNIORS (for the 2019-2020 school year) will be able to pick up their yearbooks when school resumes in the fall.
SENIORS who did not pick up their yearbooks will have one final opportunity to do so on Friday, June 19, from 9-10 am in the main office conference room.
- All individuals picking up MUST wear a mask when entering the building or you will be turned away due to health concerns.
- Maintain 6 feet social distancing at all times.
- If possible, print out the receipt sent to you by Jostens on Monday, June 15. Bring this with you to make it easier for us to find your name and yearbook.
- If you are having someone else pick up your yearbook, you MUST fill out this form FROM YOUR SVHS GOOGLE ACCOUNT (don't worry, it's still active). The form won't work if you don't login to your student account.
- Students in other grades who try to pick up yearbooks during this time will be turned away.
- A VERY LIMITED number of yearbooks will be on sale for $120 cash (exact change only) or check (made out to SVHS). Once the copies are gone, they are gone.
Buy your copy of the 2020 Yearbook!
Don't miss out! The 2018 Yearbook completely SOLD OUT! Order early to make sure you get a copy of the 2020 Yearbook.
You can order your yearbook in two ways:
- Order online at jostens.com. This is the easiest way to order. You can personalize your yearbook, pay by credit card or PayPal, and also spread your payments out in 3 monthly installments.
- Order in person at the Student Activities Office or in H22 during break or lunch (A and C Days only). If you'd like to pay by cash or check, you can fill out an order form at either the Student Activities Office or in Mrs. Snider's room, H22, during break or lunch. Yearbook orders are never sold during class time.
Note: If you are interested in buying a previous year's Yearbook, please contact Mrs. Snider in H22 or at nsnider AT sonomaschools DOT org. We sold out of the 2018 yearbook, so those copies are not available.
Contact the Yearbook Adviser
Yearbook Adviser: Nicole Snider
nsnider AT sonomaschools DOT org
Note: I am unable to answer calls during the school day, however I try to return emails within 48 hours.
Return and Exchange Policy
BEFORE DISTRIBUTION DAY
If you ordered your yearbook through Jostens.com, please call Jostens at (877) 767-5217 or email their customer service department through Jostens Return Policy page.
If you ordered your yearbook through the Student Activities Office or Mrs. Snider, contact Mrs. Snider at nsnider AT sonomaschools DOT org if you need to return a prepurchased yearbook.
After yearbook personalization requiests are sent to our publisher, Jostens, in February, we are unable to process any returns on personalized yearbooks.
AFTER DISTRIBUTION DAY
FIRST, before writing anything in your copy of the yearbook, please CHECK CAREFULLY that your book has no printing flaws, such as blank/missing, upside-down or wrinkled pages. If you discover concerns in your book, please bring it to the yearbook room BEFORE you write in the book. Once you have written in the book, we cannot accept a return or exchange. At that point, it is yours to keep.
If the yearbook you received is damaged, please bring it to Mrs. Snider immediately to exchange it for a new copy.