Adele Harrison MS Student Bulletin, Aug 24, 2020 A Day
Welcome back Hornets…..let’s reflect for just a moment…a week ago we had our first day of school, and nobody knew what to expect. Getting into your classes was new and frustrating, you didn’t know most of the kids in your classes, and it was really stressful. Now, a week later we are all organized, ready to learn and looking forward to our next class period….what a difference right? Enjoy your week!
No Birthdays today…..so time for another Random fact of the day!!!
That tiny dot above lower case "I" and "j" letters has an actual name: tittle. It is thought that the phrase "to a T" is actually derived from the phrase "to a tittle"—a phrase that was used in the same sense dating back to the early 17th century.
New! Every Monday we are going to put in a Mindful Minute exercise…here’s the first one:
Monday, August 24th
Every Monday we are going to practice breathing techniques that help us to be mindful. Today we will try 4-4-4-4 breathing. This type of breathing helps to get oxygen to your brain which clears your thoughts and helps your body to feel better.
- Start by sitting or lying in a comfortable position and take a couple of deep breaths. Make sure you breathe in through your nose. Let the air go all the way past your chest and deep into your stomach. Breathe out through your mouth.
- Now breathe in through your nose for 4 seconds
- Hold the air in for 4 seconds,
- Breathe out for slowly for 4 seconds
- Hold it there for 4 seconds
- Repeat this a few times. See if you can keep this breathing pattern for 4 minutes.
SAVE THE DATE Picture day….write this in your planners! Lifetouch will be coming on Thursday, September 3rd to take pictures of every student….we’ll have more details coming soon!
Hornet Humor…..General: Lieutenant did you plant the secret spy camera?
Lieutenant: I tried to sir, but I couldn't find the seeds.
Ha Ha Ha….submitted by Aaron M. Got a good joke? Send it my way! Thanks, MsVH
That’s it for now…..and please remember to…
Be Kind and Respectful
And be the best you can be
THE CHOICE IS YOURS (oh, and wash your hands)