1:1 Chromebook Program
Sonoma Valley Unified is moving towards a 1:1 Chromebook to student environment. At the start of the 2017-2018 school year students in grades 6-12 will be issued a Dell Chromebook to use at both school and home. These Chromebooks are made with military grade rubber, spill proof keyboards, and the entire computer can extend 180 degrees.
Grades 10 and 11 have piloted this initiative since October 2016 and we have found this program to be highly successful. We are excited to extend this program to all secondary students!
Over the next three years, SVUSD will be working towards attaining our technology goals outlined in our Technology Plan. The goals are:
1. Annually create at least one multimedia project that integrates content with technology.
2. Use Google Apps For Education to collaborate, create, edit, and publish online.
3. Publish work online creating online e-portfolios.
4. Use technology in their performance tasks.
5. Learn about digital citizenship, Internet safety, and ethical use of information.
1. Create multimedia projects in the learning process.
2. Turn in paperless assignments and collaborate with peers online consistently.
3. Increase their technology skills and information literacy skills.
4. Learn more about digital citizenship, Internet Safety, and ethical use of information.