We are accepting bus pass applications for the 2023-2024 school year.
Will Begin in August 1, 2023
Tips for Riding:
- Arrive at the bus stop at least 5 minutes early.
- Make sure you’re at the right stop and board the correct school bus.
- Always communicate with the school bus driver.
- You must present your bus pass when boarding the school bus.
- Once on board, find a seat and enjoy the ride. Please remember the following:
- No smoking or use of e-cigarettes is allowed on the bus.
- No eating or drinking on the bus.
- All passengers must wear a seatbelt.
- No profanity, harassment or disruptive behavior is allowed on the bus.
- All radios, phones and other audible devices must be used with earphones. Volume must be at a level that is not disruptive to others on the bus.
- Please keep front seats available for seniors and people with disabilities.
- Upon arriving at school, carefully exit the bus.
Replacement Passes:Mutilated or lost bus passes will be replaced upon request with a payment of $5.00 processing fee.Bus Pass Violations:These procedures apply to the start of the school year. All students that wish to ride are required to have a bus pass for the first day of riding.
Procedures for all students who show up at the bus stop without a bus pass/ ticket are as follows:
- All Elementary AM riders without a pass will be loaded last, their name will be written on the Rider Without a Pass list and they will be instructed to get a bus pass.
- PM riders without a pass will be denied transportation.
- PM riders without a pass will be instructed to go to the office to phone home and be denied transportation.
- Students that appear on the Rider Without a Pass list for 3 or more times will receive a bus referral. The student will receive appropriate administrative action, which may include discontinuing transportation services to and from school.
- Students continuing to attempt to ride without a pass will be denied transportation.
Bus Discipline Procedures:
The purpose of the disciplinary procedure is to change the behavior of the students by working with their parents. Drivers will initially discuss minor violations with the student and if this technique is unsuccessful, then written referrals will be completed and forwarded to school administrators for action as outlined below: Parents will be notified by the child's home school of any citations received and action taken.
- 1st Bus Conduct Report: Students will receive verbal warning. School will be notified.
- 2nd Bus Conduct Report: Students will be suspended from riding the bus for 3 days.
- 3rd Bus Conduct Report: Students will be suspended from riding the bus for 7 days
- 4th Bus Conduct Report: Students will be suspended from riding the bus for 10 days
- 5th Bus Conduct Report: Students will be suspended from riding the bus for the remainder of the current school year.
*** Students may be suspended on the first offense for serious misconduct. Fighting on the bus and damaging any part of the bus or any other conduct that seriously affects the safety of other children on board will bring immediate suspension until the parents' conference.
SUSPENSION OF BUS PRIVILEGES: During the suspension of bus privileges, it shall be the parent’s responsibility to provide the student’s transportation to school. NO REFUNDS will be given for suspension of riding privileges due to the misconduct of the student.
Please Note: All bus passes are NON-REFUNDABLE. Pro-rated refunds will only be allowed for long-term illnesses or Mid-Year outside of the District.
2022-23 ESY High School Bus Pass Application
Click Here For English Application
Fill Out and Submit by Email, Fax or MailOPTION # 1
OR Fax: 707-939-4899OPTION # 2Mail In - Please fill out an application, sign the bus rules acknowledgement form and mail in with an attached check. DO NOT SEND CASH
SVUSD, Attn: Transportation Dept.
18751 Railroad Ave. Sonoma, Ca. 95476
Bus Pass Office Hours: