Tips for Riding:
Replacement Passes:Do not alter the bus pass in any manner. The replacement bus pass cost:
* 1st Time - $10.00 * 2nd or more time - $15.00Bus Pass Violations:These procedures apply to the start of the school year. All students that wish to ride are required to have a bus pass for the first day of riding.
Procedures for all students who show up at the bus stop without a bus pass/ ticket are as follows:
- All Elementary AM riders without a pass will be loaded last, their name will be written on the Rider Without a Pass list and they will be instructed to get a bus pass.
- PM riders without a pass will be denied transportation.
- PM riders without a pass will be instructed to go to the office to phone home and be denied transportation.
- Students that appear on the Rider Without a Pass list for 3 or more times will receive a bus referral. The student will receive appropriate administrative action, which may include discontinuing transportation services to and from school.
- Students continuing to attempt to ride without a pass will be denied transportation.
Bus Discipline Procedures:
The purpose of the disciplinary procedure is to change the behavior of the students by working with their parents. Drivers will initially discuss minor violations with the student and if this technique is unsuccessful, then written referrals will be completed and forwarded to school administrators for action as outlined below: Parents will be notified by the child's home school of any citations received and action taken.
- 1st Bus Conduct Report: Students will receive verbal warning. School will be notified.
- 2nd Bus Conduct Report: Students will be suspended from riding the bus for 3 days.
- 3rd Bus Conduct Report: Students will be suspended from riding the bus for 7 days
- 4th Bus Conduct Report: Students will be suspended from riding the bus for 30 days
- 5th Bus Conduct Report: Students will be suspended from riding the bus for the remainder of the current school year.
*** Students may be suspended on the first offense for serious misconduct. Fighting on the bus and damaging any part of the bus or any other conduct that seriously affects the safety of other children on board will bring immediate suspension until the parents' conference.
SUSPENSION OF BUS PRIVILEGES: During the suspension of bus privileges, it shall be the parent’s responsibility to provide the student’s transportation to school. NO REFUNDS will be given for suspension of riding privileges due to the misconduct of the student.