SVUSD Board of Trustees
Superintendent Socorro Shiels swearing in new trustees Melanie Blake and Cathy Coleman at the December 11, 2018 Board Meeeting.
NEW FOR 2019-2020
SVUSD Board Meetings are moved to the first Tuesday of the month. All meetings will take place at the SVUSD District Offices. An occasional third Tuesday may be a scheduled Study Session. Study Sessions are intended to be a deep discussion on a single topic. Study session meeting topics are subject to change. Study Sessions will begin at 5:30pm and end no later than 8pm.
Board Meetings for the 2019-2020 School Year
- August 6, 2019 - Regular
- September 3, 2019 - Regular
- Sept 17, 2019– Study Session: Year Overview with Actions and Goal
- October 1, 2019 - Regular
- October 5, 2019– Study Session: LCAP
- November 5, 2019 - Regular
- November 19, 2019 – Study Session: Dashboard Scores
- December 3, 2019 - Regular
- January 7, 2020 - Regular
- January 21, 2020 – Study Session: Literacy and Math
- February 4, 2020 - Regular
- March 3, 2020 - Regular
- March 24, 2020 - Study Session: Wellness
- April 7, 2020 - Regular
- April – Saturday TBD - Study Session: LCAP
- May 5, 2020 - Regular
- May 19, 2020 – Study Session: LCAP and Site Plans
- June 2, 2020 - Regular
- June 16, 2020 – Budget and LCAP
Policies & Regulations
The governing board of each school district is required to prescribe and enforce rules consistent with the law, or with the rules prescribed by the State Board of Education. The Sonoma Valley Unified School District Policy Manual contains official policies and procedures that have been adopted by the Governing Board. Our policy manual was created in conjunction with the California School Board's Association (CSBA).
Our Policy Manual may be accessed online. Simply go to gamutonline.net and log in as "sonomavalley", password: "public".